Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bonn Storm


I've just witnessed the worst storm I've seen in my life. Lots of quick loud thunders, rain was falling in all directions even pushed back up sometimes, and the wind was so strong that I've seen pigeons trying to fly away being smashed in the wall.
At some point, the pressure got so low and so quick, that I could feel my ears going a bit deaf, and sounds got more like a drum effect.

Now, half an hour later it's curiously sunny again, temperatures went from 17 to 21 degrees in a couple of minutes, but the city is still like crazy. I can hear ambulances all around, radios talk only about this like being the worst storm ever, there are trees and leaves all over the streets and traffic and trams are blocked. Kennedy bridge was just closed. Our office was flooded. Also some mobile phone lines are dead.

So weird because it was so sudden.

Update:















This street was closed.












The pictures were taken 100 meters from my apartment.

No comments: